Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sunday Scribblings

This week's post prompt on Sunday Scribblings is about "Present."

I've actually written about being present in the moment several times in my journaling. It is something that I constantly struggle to do. I'm addicted to list making & sometimes this gets me in the mind set that I'm constantly thinking about the future. This can be an issue when it comes to living in the moment since I'm already way ahead of myself.

I read recently in one my devotions that God tends to give us visions of what are meant to do. These visions can come in a dream or just in a fleeting thought throughout the day. What is most important is that we accept these visions for what they are and cherish them. It doesn't mean that we should sit back and do nothing with the information, but that we need to consider that there was a reason that this information came to us.

Being in the present is a goal for myself on a daily basis. Not only does this allow me to enjoy my life more, but it also gives me an opportunity to experiences the messages that God is gifting to me throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment