Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sunday Scribblings - Plan B

This week's prompt on Sunday Scribblings is "Plan B - Sometimes the best laid plans don't work out. What do you do then? Move to Plan B."

I'd like to say that my being such a fanatical list maker helps me never have to go to Plan B. However, life doesn't work that way. I've struggled in the past with my plans not working out the way I want them too. In the past couple of years, this has caused a lot of unnecessary stress and pain to my life. You all know the saying - when life gives you lemons you make lemonade.

Recently, I've come to the conclusion that my extensive planning and looking to the future isn't really the best way to live my life. Yes, it added structure and consistency to my daily existence when I needed it most. As a single parent, you need to have something to fall back on. My planning was there for me. I'm sure my family thought I was beyond crazy!

I'll never be that person who lives each moment as it comes. I'll always want to try to predict the outcome of something so I can plan for what I can do to get through it. However, I quickly learned this past year that I can't predict everything. There will be moments when Plans B, C, D & even Z have to come into play. When things don't go the way I wanted them to, I can't stop living.

Some people have mottos that they live by. I've had to change my motto to be something that is more conducive to living my life more effectively in times of uncertainty. I haven't fine tuned it yet, but it would be something like this "Hey, $%@# happens! Plan B is where it's at." As you can see, it needs more adjectives...



No comments:

Post a Comment