Thursday, October 6, 2011

Easy Baked Potatoes!

This isn't my idea. I read something about it online through several different sources. And, honestly, I wouldn't call this a recipe, but more of a great new tool that you can use in helping to bring your meals together after the end of a long day.

Crockpot Baked Potatoes


  • Potatoes

  • Aluminum Foil

  • Crockpot

All you do is poke a couple of holes in your potatoes. Wrap the taters up in aluminum foil and put in your crockpot. Don't add any water, cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.

I had my teenage son do this as I forgot to before I left the house in the morning. He got creative and added some salt, pepper & garlic powder to the outside of the potatoes before wrapping in the foil.

The potatoes came out better then they do when you bake them! I know...hard to believe! They even had a bit of the crispy skin that I like.

This idea is definitely a keeper and I'm already planning ways to use the potatoes I "bake" throughout the week in different recipes. What a great time saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment