Wednesday, October 12, 2011

3 Meals, 1 Prep Day

I am always looking for ways to have meals ready to go in my house. It's funny, because you'd think I had many kids running around. Nope, just one, and he doesn't always eat at home. I focus on finding easy meal solutions to help me eat healthier and to save money. So, often, my meals have leftovers that are frozen in individual portions for later in the month. It works for me!

This past month, I identified the trifecta of recipes that have allowed me to easily make 3 home cooked meals in one week. And, all of the recipes have freezable individual components or can be frozen after made. So, I wanted to share with all of you. I'm going to turn this into several posts, but wanted to start off with your shopping list for the 3 meals. It helps to have these all on hand so you can do your prep all in one day. That's the key to making this work!

Meals we are making:
Cajun Chicken Linguine
Chicken Fajitas
Cavitini

Shopping List:
boneless skinless chicken breasts (~4 lbs)
1 lb hamburger
pepperoni (I like the small ones so I don't have to prep these)
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
1 yellow/orange pepper (or increase one of your other peppers)
3 onions
1 can chicken broth
1 can black olives
1 jar green olives
1 large jar of pasta sauce or 2 cans of diced/stewed tomatoes (I also use frozen tomatoes if I have them on hand)
cajun seasoning
fajita seasoning (1 pkt)
sour cream
cheese (cheddar and mozzarella)
1 small container of heavy cream (has about 1 cup in it, sorry don't recall the size)
pasta (linguine & rotini)
tortilla shells
french or garlic bread

Stay tuned. Next post, I'll give you the prep steps to set you up for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment