Sunday, September 18, 2011

Values

We all value different things. It's what makes us most unique in who we are. You can never argue with someone about their values, even if their values are different than yours. That's what makes them so special. Here are the things that I value the most.

  1. I've been blessed with a very close, loving, crazy family. I wouldn't change that for the world.
  2. As an introvert who has to be on display often at work, I very much crave quiet when I get home.
  3. Through communication from others, I want to know everything about everything that is going on or I feel left out of something.
  4. A great sense of humor in a coworker is critical to helping me get through the day.
  5. Finding myself in uncomfortable situations where I know that my just experiencing it is allowing me to grow as a person. Although, I don't go looking for these situations just to experience that!
  6. Learning about new and exciting things, or even just boring things. I literally live to learn.
  7. I value my house, or rather my home. It takes a lot of hard work to have this in my life and I love that I made it to this point in my life to have it.
  8. My freedom as an American is cherished and I love that I can express my opinions through voting. And, that my voice is heard when I contact my legislators. I know that my opinion isn't always right or accepted, but the freedom to express is so important to me!
  9. My ability to recognize when I need more than what I can give myself. While I don't always ask or accept the help, I value that I am to that point when I don't shy away from the recognition of needing something else to step in.
  10.  I value my ability to write and what that has given me in a career and in my education. I'm not the best writer, or the most creative, but it is something I enjoy and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment