Saturday, September 17, 2011

Favorite Room

I absolutely love my house. Now, just to clarify, there are things I definitely want to change about my house. And, if given a windfall of money, I'd probably move. But, the fact that the house is mine means so very much to me!

I was recently thinking about what might be my favorite spot in my house. I have several, but there is one that I always go to when I need to unwind or think or just step away from life. It is my front living room. I say front living room because I also have a back living room, or family room. And, I never know what to call each room!

My front living room does have a bit of an identity crisis. During the holidays, it actually serves as a dining room. Every other time of the year, it has a comfy love seat, a comfy chair & my dining room table (without the extensions that go in it during the holidays). It also has a big window looking out to the world. The one thing it doesn't have is a TV.

This room was the first room that I truly spent time decorating. I painted it, but stuff on the walls & hung some beautiful sheer drapes. I also bought furniture especially for this room. Of course, the love seat & chair get moved during the holidays, but still they were bought specific for that space.

I find that when I go into that room, I instantly take a deep breath. I sit on the love seat and stare out the window. And, my puppy comes and cuddles with me. It's quiet and serene. There are no interruptions.

My favorite time to sit in that room is when the snow is falling. I can lose myself in the peace fullness of watching the flakes fall through the big window.

I think everyone needs a favorite room in their house or trailer or apartment. We all need a place that makes us feel safe and happy. I am thankful for my front living room...or whatever you want to call it!

No comments:

Post a Comment