Tuesday, September 20, 2011

No Where to Run!

The past couple of weeks, I have been staying at work over the lunch hour. This is truly the reason for all the posts lately. That hour has given me the focus I need to get on my blog. The problem is that I find that I'm constantly interrupted with work questions. I should explain that the culture at my business is that lunch for everyone is 12-1. Pretty much everyone is eating or leaving the building at that time. However, there are a few choice individuals who seem to think that that hour is their time to catch people unaware at their desks. And, their requests aren't just your run-of-the-mill-do-later type of requests. Nope, they are urgent and have to be done immediately. I'm annoyed by their inability to plan ahead in their day. Their emergencies are taking away my hour of much needed down time. I'm contemplating taking my laptop into a conference room so I can hide out in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment