Friday, April 9, 2010

Friendships and Cooking and Blogging

I met my friend Anne when she joined the book club I was facilitating.  This was about 2 years ago.  Anne was shy and very quiet at the time, but her and I found out that we really have a lot in common.  Anne enjoys watching a good soap opera - as do I.  Anne enjoys cooking and eating - as do I (well, more the eating part, but it still works well for us). Anne loves to read - as do I.  Anne loves to watch movies - as do I.  It was destiny for us to become fast friends. 

Anne invited me to attend a person centered planning session for her about a year ago. Person centered planning is a way of bringing together people who care about a person with disabilities to assist that person in making goals and plans for their lives.  This was an honor to be invited and I learned that a lot of people consider Anne to be their friends.  At the planning session, Anne let everyone know that she wanted to eventually publish a cook book that would include recipes that would be easy for people with disabilities to use.  She also wanted to start a blog.  What a great idea!  I volunteered to help her. 

Anne's blog is called Reesie's Kitchen.  Reesie is Anne's nickname and she wanted to pick something that would allow her to be safe when she was on the internet.  We talk about being safe a lot, so I was very proud of her when she thought of this!  Unfortunately, Anne and I don't have as much time as we want to work on her blog, but you have to check it out when you have a chance.  I made the egg rolls that she posted and they were easy and delish!  Of course, I think I called her twice while I was making them because I knew I was doing something wrong :).  I forgot to mention this, but Anne is also very patient - as I am not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment