Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude - Days 1 & 2

I tend to copy my sisters, so when I saw my younger sister's recent blog post, I knew I had to do this as well!

30 Days of Gratitude was originally posted by One Happy Mama. I've never followed her blog before, but it does look very interesting. The entire concept is to recognize what we are all grateful for for the next month.

The past couple of years have been stressful for my family. So, I recently started seeing a therapist to help me get back to my life. My therapy sessions are pretty interesting, on many levels, but we often end up back at the same spot. I have too much guilt in my life and not enough celebrations of the good stuff. So, this series of blogs is coming at a perfect time for me. I have a lot to be thankful for! I'm good about expressing gratitude for the big stuff - my family and my God - but I often forget about the daily bouts of happiness that truly keep me going.

So, since it's the 2nd day of the month, I'm going to post two of the things I am most grateful for right now.

Day 1: I am thankful for the opportunity to have a voice that is heard in my current chosen profession. The women who came before me set the ground work for me, as a female, to be able to express myself by being strong in my convictions. My opinions mean something to those who make decisions and I feel empowered to speak out!

Day 2: I am thankful that I am learning how to listen to my inner self when it comes to my decision making. I am trying really hard at this and I believe my confidence is growing. I will always make mistakes, but that can't stop me from living my life to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment