Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quilting

I've made 2 quilts in my life. Well, make that 3, but the other one really doesn't count since all I did was add the binding to a premade quilt for my niece when she was born. So, really only 2 quilts.


Logan's quilt when he was born.

Faith's quilt for her 18th birthday (I never got a picture of her with it!)

I really enjoy the process of quilting. Taking the little pieces and putting it together into something beautiful.  I think my favorite part is laying out all the individual pieces so I can see what it will look like when done. It makes me really proud of the work that I have done when I get to that point.

I have been planning out my newest quilt in my mind for my son. I want to give him something when he moves out of the house. And, I'm not sure how long I'll have to put it together. So, I really want to get started. I'm thinking about doing something in blues and greys, but have actually had some difficulty in finding masculine looking quilting fabric so far. I might have to change my strategy and do something in plaids instead. I'm excited about the new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment