Monday, September 12, 2011

Budgeting

I've listened to Dave Ramsey for several years now. I enjoy his pod costs and have even checked out a few of his books from the library. I've contemplated doing his class through my church, but haven't done it yet. I like some of his budgeting ideas & have always wanted to try the one using envelopes for each budget category. My concern is having that much cash laying around, especially in light of some sticky fingers in my house. So, I was excited when I heard of another spin on this. Instead of using cash & envelopes, they use loadable cash cards. I understood that American Express has something that doesn't charge a fee, but I need to check into it. In a nutshell, all you do is have a card for each envelope & load it with the appropriate amount of funds each paycheck. If you get the right kind of card, you can even go online to track your purchases & totals. I'm definitely going to give this a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment